It’s 2017, it’s ok to be your own Valentine. Further more it’s very OK to be your own Valentine all year round. Taking care of you is an inside job, right? No one should wait for ‘special occasions’ to be loved or to show love. This year apart from what you’re doing for that special someone or what they might be doing for you, here are some things you can do for yourself.
1. If you are not aware of Group On and Living Social you better make yourself acquainted now. There you can find great deals on spas, massages, restaurants, travel, you name it. Treat yourself with to a deep massage or facial. I recently purchased a 60mins deep massage from Groupon, with great reviews for $35 bucks. There is no possible way you can go wrong for that price. If you’re in Grenada, here are four places offering Valentine Spa Specials you can use to treat yourself: Blue Haven, Serenity Spa, Nirvana Natural Health Spa and Le Conch Spa.
2. Hey girl, Be FANCY, Be FIERCE! Dress up makeup show up! Wear your fav red lipstick and sway those hips to the beat of your own damn drums. Looking good automatically makes you feel good. I’m in bum mode during the week and I’ve noticed how I feel on those days. I tend to not be vibrant, social, confident and outgoing. But, on the days I do get dressed up and put my red lipstick on its like BAM, brand new me. My spirit feels lifted and my mood is fun, carefree, social, and confident. I am in love with red lips. It really makes me feel sexy, sophisticated and fierce. My favorites at the moment are Sephora Collection cream lip stain in Always Red and Mac Ruby Woo. The Sephora lip stain is totally AWESOME. It stays on, it’s rich and it looks perfect on any complexion. My lips are mostly always red and this valentine won’t be any different :-).
3. Mani and Pedi’s, do you hear them calling your name? Answer the call and get them done, whether you enjoy doing them yourself or sitting nicely and having it done for you. This is like adding a sprinkles on a plain iced cake. It just adds a spark of awesomeness to your life. I took some time today to paint my own nails. Even though I should have paid to get them done because now they are all smudged, I enjoyed it. This is something I haven’t done in a long time. It felt good, to intentionally take time to do something for me. Of course, I painted it red and used Essie polish! I love red nails the way I love red lips. Again, the sophistication simply speaks to me. Get your nails done girls, it’s your treat. Whatever color you choose:-)
4. Have your own dessert night, because sweet treats are the cure it all for many. How does Red Moscato wine, Red Velvet cheesecake from Juniors, (if you’re in NYC) and a movie (solo Netflix and chill) sounds? My absolute favorite wine is Roscato Rosso Dolce. It is deliciously smooth and you have to try it if you’re a wine lover.
If you’re in Grenada, I would recommend Sweet Traditions Bakery Cafe for your scrumptious Red Velvet cheesecake and House of Chocolate for a sweet, chocolatey treat. The chocolate cheesecake is divine. I swear I died and went to Chocolate heaven the first time this goodness landed on my taste buds.
5. Finally, be sexy, buy yourself some lingerie. It’s impossible to not love a sexy pair of matching Bra and Panties. While looking into the mirror oozing sexiness, wink at yourself and say “girl you are the bomb dot com”because you ARE. You need to grab hold of your confidence and own it. You’ll feel like a sexy goddess in your bed waiting for (blank) to take you to the moon and back lol.
In conclusion, intentionally spending time taking care of ‘YOU’ is essential to self-love. Consequently, your valentine will love and appreciate you for doing that.
You can add some more reminders in the comment section.